Day 3, Dec 5th: The Little Good Things

So, I'm totally cheating by posting this a little after midnight, but I digress. 

I was catching the bus to get to my job interview (today? Yesterday?) and I forgot my concession card. And by forgot I mean lost. And by lost I mean I can't get the concession bus price if I can't show the driver that card.

I figured the usual bus price would be something like double the concession price, so when I went to the Nice Mr Bus Man to buy a ticket I put down something like double.

And by something like double I mean exactly double.

Which was apparently eighty cents short. 

Which I apparently didn't realise for a good thirty seconds of Nice Mr Bus Man staring at my coins. 
So then I was all:

image

But then he was all: 
image

"Gimme a second"

And gave me a ticket and left a whole bunch of my coins on the little table thingy instead of putting them away. 

And because I'm great at life, I was all:

image

Mr Nice Bus Man just looked at me and said:

image

"Nope."

"But-"

"Check your ticket."

And then we drove off together into the sunset, with five other people and a lot of traffic.

Point being, he put me down as concession even though I had no proof.

It doesn't sound like much, but I find it's the little good things that make life swell.
Thank you Mr Nice Bus Man. You rock.

I think we can all learn a valuable lesson here: the best things in life are concession price. Or free.

But mostly just concession priced.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GSOC News

★ Moved to Blogger 6/12/13

Recent Pageviews

About Billy

Billy is a uni student/nobody hailing from Australia whose mother would have called her Billy Ruben if she'd been born a boy. She can't draw for peanuts or write in third person, but hey, she'll improve.

The End Game

Good Show Old Chap is an example of a bucket list resolution in progress. For more info you can read the first post, but to break it down for you: we often give up the little dreams we have to make way for greater and more practical life aims and it's time to take those little dreams back.

This here is mine; where's yours?

Good-luck bloggin' folk, and click +1 if you want to recommend us