Day 4, Dec 6th: Funerals, Beaches, Planes, and Sleep


Yesterday was Grandma's funeral, which wasn't as gloomy as it sounds. Honest. There was free coffee and biscuits. She had a rockin' casket and flowers and everything. Main issue: flowers.

What's with flowers?




I don't get them. 

Not I don't "get them" get them, but I don't get them. Understand them. Whenever I get flowers for whatever reason, I don't know how people want me to respond. I feel like "I will treasure these plant sexual organs you ripped from the earth for the next ten hours they survive" is a bit a douchey, because hey, free sexual organs.

Don't get me wrong, they're nice to look at.

Then I spent all of today sleeping because I had two hours sleep before the funeral. I was hanging out with two of my best friends the night before, and we went and sat on a rock wall at the beach and watched the dock and ship lights and talked about stuff.

image

(I didn't draw Josh because I ran out of space and couldn't be bothered resizing the image, but that there is Borg)

(IjustgotillustratorokayIdon'tknowhowtouseit)

(T____T)

We ate fish and chips and got mobbed by seagulls.

Anyways, last night we drove my brother and his girlfriend to the airport, bound for a Sydney film festival they contributed a film to. Whumper had her head out of the window and got jet-stream hammered in the face by a roadside rotatory sprinkler.

Now I keep walking into my bro's room all like "WHAT UP" and then I realise he's not there:

image

I'm gonna go practice some sweet cartooning methinks.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GSOC News

★ Moved to Blogger 6/12/13

Recent Pageviews

About Billy

Billy is a uni student/nobody hailing from Australia whose mother would have called her Billy Ruben if she'd been born a boy. She can't draw for peanuts or write in third person, but hey, she'll improve.

The End Game

Good Show Old Chap is an example of a bucket list resolution in progress. For more info you can read the first post, but to break it down for you: we often give up the little dreams we have to make way for greater and more practical life aims and it's time to take those little dreams back.

This here is mine; where's yours?

Good-luck bloggin' folk, and click +1 if you want to recommend us